Important: This destination may have COVID-19 travel restrictions in place, including specific restrictions for lodging. Check any national, local, and health advisories for this destination before you book.

Skip to main content.
All properties in Houston, Texas, United States of America
1 room, 2 adults
6800 Main Street, Houston, TX, 77030, United States of America
  • Collect stampsYou can collect Hotels.com™ Rewards stamps here
8.0
Very Good1,511 All our reviews have come from real guests who have stayed at the property.verified guest
reviews
  • 7.1Location
    • Great location
    • Parking is rare
  • 4.3Value
    • Value for money could be better
  • 3.4Breakfast

Narrow reviews:

1,511 verified guest reviews

Guest rating

2.0PoorCheck-in Feb. 17, 2020
The bed was very old - itchy even spiky I barely slept - had to line it with the towel Felt like it had needles hurting me in the mattress which was sinking and was at least 15 - 30 years old Sleep was bad Front desk limited Not a good night Superb location however Walking distance from MD Cancer Center too bad it is like that Disappointed customer
2.0PoorCheck-in Feb. 9, 2020
Horrible stay at Houston medical center Wyndham
Horrible service, rooms not cleaned during the day and when contacted front desk to let them know- they stated no more house keeping available. Horrible room service food, ridiculously overpriced. Staff unapologetic, rude and unhelpful. I will never stay in this branch of hotels again and would not recommend anyone to stay here.
3 night business trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Aug. 17, 2018
Only stayed here for one night but the hotel was nice and the staff was friendly
Samantha1 night trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Dec. 10, 2017
Just pk
Nothing special
chris1 night trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Aug. 6, 2017
Nice hotel close to hospital
Walking distance to children's hospital. It is very convenient for my stay with walking distance to children's hospital
6 night trip
Response by Nick D
Thank you for staying at the Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites. We appreciate the feedback and wish you and your family all the best. We hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting the Houston area.

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries

6.0GoodCheck-in Jun. 28, 2020
I am a Stage 4 breast Cancer survivor. I booked this Hotel because it’s walking distance from MDAnderson. I was a bit disappointed by the $15.00 Daily parking fee. The front desk lady was not welcoming what so ever. She asked for my card and just swiped it without informing me what she was charging and didn’t even give me a receipt. I’ve traveled the state and stayed at many hotels. Most Front desk personnel inform you of breakfast, ice machine and so on...... that was not the case at this hotel. And during this Covid-19 pandemic it would of been nice for her to be wearing a mask.
Amanda2 night trip
2.0PoorCheck-in Jun. 22, 2020
AVOID, if you can
Terrible customer service. Almost inhumane. You get what you pay for. If you can afford a better rated hotel in the area, stay there and avoid this place. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.
5 night family trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jun. 24, 2020
Pleasant trip
Everything was clean and the biggest issue was the TV did not work for about 30 minutes. Maintenance was sent up and had everything fixed shortly.
Daniel1 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jun. 22, 2020
get away
The beds were super comfortable. Nice clean room, quiet, took a swim late in the evening, very relaxing.
Christopher1 night trip
2.0PoorCheck-in Jun. 19, 2020
NO Microwave or Fridge
It's not even parking charge its the fact that housekeeping xue to CoVid is very minimal which is understandable however when you know that their is 4 people to roo.a simple request for extra towels and washcloths shouldn't be a bother. Not to mention there's no weekend ToGo breakfast as stated on the flyer given by the front desk. I wouldn't stay here again there's no place for food and at this price nightly that's not good.
Cassandra2 night trip with friends
6.0GoodCheck-in Jun. 8, 2020
It trash on floor of room at checkin. It was a shortage of tissue. I get towels when asked
ramona4 night business trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jun. 11, 2020
It's perfect for what it is
Robin4 night trip
4.0FairCheck-in Jun. 9, 2020
disappointed
Shower didn’t work properly. Hair dryer didn’t work. Tub needed a facelift - looked dingy Windows were dirty you could barely see out of them.
2 night business trip
6.0GoodCheck-in May 25, 2020
Not very clean
Not very clean and I had higher expectations given the COVID-19 situation.
6.0GoodCheck-in May 19, 2020
Close to hospital but think twice
Stayed three nights with no major issues..had to rebook for one more night..they tried to chg me $10 for a frig/microwave in room..which there was NOT a chg for during first three nights... Numerous homeless on every corner and in pkg lot of hotel. Daytime asst mgr rude and hateful
2 night trip
6.0GoodCheck-in May 19, 2020
Room was dusty, tub was dirty, and room seemed humid.
Julianna1 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in May 19, 2020
Wonderful Stay!
George2 night family trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in May 18, 2020
Convenient to all hospitals. Friendly staff. Covid has closed pool, restaurant and lounge. Angelica was amazing to work with at front desk! No security in parking lot. Homeless hang out on every corner; NON handicapped employees and others use handicap spaces. Parking costs $15 per day to self park. Overall: location is the best asset of this hotel
1 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Apr. 17, 2020
Would recommend
Given it’s a pandemic and many things closed or not operating which is understandle, however, parking could have been complimentary during this time. This is an old building with some modern updates. Walls are thin, could hear everything the woman in next room was saying on her phone calls. My room was clean, updated, the kitchenette was very nice, bed and linen very comfortable. TV is rather small size. Very convenient location for medical center. I would book here again.
Maria2 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar. 31, 2020
A very comfortable stay
We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was very nice, the room was clean and comfortable. Because of Covid-19 things are a bit different than normal but the staff did their best to provide whatever we needed. The dining room was closed but we could order and pickup meals. I had the chicken quesadilla for lunch and it was delicious, they even made it to my specifications because I can't have spicy food. The chef said he would leave out the jalapenos if I didn't want them and asked what other ingredients I wanted. Thank you all for a great stay!
2 night trip
4.0FairCheck-in Mar. 22, 2020
uncomfortable
tge bed was so hard that I could not sleep on it. I had to end up sleeping on the couch.
CLARA1 night business trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 23, 2020
Nic, clean, comfortable with pleasant customer reps.
James2 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 15, 2020
Overall nice stay. A little to pricey including paying for parking @ $15 per stay.
4.0FairCheck-in Mar. 15, 2020
The sink would not drain! The bed was not comfortable! When raised temp setting to 70, the heater came on! 68 degree thermostat setting was air conditioning!
joe1 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar. 15, 2020
Very expedient and clean and quiet. I recommended if you are visiting MD Anderson
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 14, 2020
Very convenient to M.D Anderson Hospital. Room very clean and comfortable. Very pricey i think but overall i give it 3.5 stars
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 9, 2020
We enjoyed our stay at the Wyndham. The suite was perfect the staff was pleasant. They had a shuttle to NRG Stadium which saved us quite a bit of time and money. Our stay was cut short due to the cancellation of Rodeo Houston. They adjusted our bill according. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend.
VP3 night family trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Mar. 7, 2020
Disappointing
We were staying here and attending the Houston stock show. The air conditioning in the room was very very slow to cool and I had a few small food items I wanted to keep cold but was disappointed our room had neither a fridge or microwave. They also charge 15$ a day for parking
Shannon2 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar. 7, 2020
This was a clean and quiet property They do not have updated chargers for phones but nice amenities.
Shelly1 night trip with friends
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar. 10, 2020
Very convenient to the medical district and the staff is used to interacting with patients that travel from all o Er the country to come to Houston for medical treatment. Everyone is very nice and accommodating.
Susan1 night romance trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 5, 2020
Seems to be needing a revamp, but a good value for the money.
4 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 7, 2020
transportation services to rodeo was great. food at hotel restaurant was really good. some hotel staff not as friendly, others very friendly. location good for events we were attending.
tbg672 night family trip
2.0PoorCheck-in Mar. 6, 2020
Never seen a hotel that didn’t have coffee in the lobby or have a continental breakfast when you stay. And have to pay for parking when you are staying at their hotel.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar. 5, 2020
Great location close to Medical Center and Reliant Stadium.
2 night trip with friends
Verified Travelocity guest review
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Feb. 28, 2020
Great Rodeo Stay
We stayed here for the Houston Rodeo BBQ and the shuttle to NRG was so convenient.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec. 18, 2019
Convenient to md anderson
Paul2 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 3, 2020
Close to Medical center with a shuttle for accessibility
4.0FairCheck-in Mar. 2, 2020
Room wall divided with double door. Awaken up at 11 PM from first stage of sleep. Sound from next room was like people just entered in my room. I lost ability to sleep due to the ongoing loud talk .
1 night romance trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Feb. 27, 2020
Big Comfort
It was a very stressful day and the comfort of the Wyndham was just what I needed. If I need another night while family is in hospital, I will return.
Judy2 night trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Feb. 29, 2020
Ac didn’t work
Kiersten1 night trip with friends
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Feb. 24, 2020
Close to md Anderson and the tram was good about taking you there
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Feb. 24, 2020
The location was ideal. Room comfortable, spacious and clean.
1 night romance trip
Verified Orbitz guest review
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Feb. 16, 2020
Everything was OK, the only thing that coludidos be a little better is the variety in the food at the restaurant.
Valentina4 night romance trip
4.0FairCheck-in Feb. 17, 2020
The room was small and three of us had difficulty getting in one another’s way. We did not receive maid service at all and had to request clean towels for our second night. Check-in was slow and so was check out. No room for luggage. Just a crowded room. Will not stay there again.
2 night business trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Feb. 14, 2020
Everything here was basically clean and good housekeeping. The big issue was the thermostat. It was too warm - would not cool down properly - and the fan was on a noisy high volume no matter what speed you selected. The other disappointment was being charged $14 / night to self park your car in the lot right in front of the hotel - that’s unreasonable.
SamMatt2 night family trip
Verified Orbitz guest review
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Feb. 13, 2020
Liked cleanliness and soft pillows - needed to rest well when i had time. Amenities were also helpful for storing and reheating food. Thank you.... I will stay again.
Hawkins4 night business trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Feb. 15, 2020
The location was excellent. In a beautiful area we could walk to the zoo and museums We received a huge bedroom with a kitchen and living room area We will come back for sure
Karina3 night family trip
2.0PoorCheck-in Feb. 15, 2020
Do not stay in this place!
This hotel does not look or feel like a Wyndham. Very small and old room. You can hear all that goes on in the connecting room despite the fact that we did not request connecing rooms and would rather not be placed in one. We arrived from a very long conference day at 5pm and the room had not been serviced. Do not stay in this place!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Feb. 14, 2020
Great place, little older and had some issues with some non visiting people asking for money and other things
6.0GoodCheck-in Feb. 14, 2020
Glad we tried it but I won't be back
Here for a 1-day event at Houston Methodist. The location is convenient enough but hotel itself is a little run down. The beds were not very comfortable. You could hear and feel the springs. We ate at the restaurant downstairs and although we weren't expecting anything great, even that was disappointing especially for the prices they charged.
Kim1 night business trip
Verified Hotels.com guest review
Sorry, there are no traveler photos for this property.