Bairro Alto is a great place to stay with a couple of caveats – sure, it's close to everything and the amount of brunch cafes is staggering – but it also has a buzzing nightlife, that might not make it a good option for light sleepers. Inspiradora is a bright and modern home with a lot of space to play around and a socially conducive atmosphere. There are a few scratches here and there, but thanks to the high-quality furniture and materials, this home looks and feels amazing.
* The doubles in the pictures are actually singles with a double mattress topper
* There is no elevator to this second-floor home – those with limited mobility or heavy suitcases beware
* The staircase railing is in glass which can cause vertigo
* Only the living room has air conditioning
* Tall people listen up – the living area sits directly under the roof and has slanted ceilings; it might be a struggle for you to stand upright in certain parts of the home
* There are definite signs of wear and tear