I’ve always been a fan of the movie, “The Holiday,” starring Camron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law. Back in the 2000’s when the movie was released, the idea of house swapping with guests you’ve never met before sounded a bit radical, and completely far fetched. Today, I am a proud member of a worldwide community of travelers and hosts, committed to making travel a beautiful, memorable experience.
Welcome to my romantic hilltop rustic retreat, nestled on a lush wooded acre. Think Kate Winslet’s cozy countryside chalet in Surrey...except it’s as big and welcoming to families, as Camron Diaz’s character’s Los Angeles bungalow.
Secluded, yet conveniently located to, EVERYTHING! Five large bedrooms, all with queen beds, and top-of-the line linen, ensures everyone gets a terrific night’s sleep. 3 full, and 1 half bath makes certain no one has to stand in line.
Get your day started by stopping by our favorite coffee/tea bar conveniently located inside our charming eat in country kitchen. Enjoy your Starbucks coffee or one of several tea flavors, on the patio. Complete with an outdoor fireplace, surrounded by seasonal flowers, and a canopy of mature trees, it’s the definition of private.
Enjoy family meals in either our formal dining room which seats 6, or inside the breakfast nook, perfectly seating 8.
Listen to your favorite playlists on the HK Onyx Bluetooth speaker provided, next to a warm fire inside formal living room. An exposed brick wall, giant fireplace, and old world Tudor light fixtures, are the perfect recipe for good restful reading.
Our welcoming family room, complete with wood burning fireplace, 70” Samsung Smart television, board games for the kids, and wetbar for adults; provide enough indoor space for bonding time with the family. All you have to say is, “Hey Alexa will you play songs by..” and voila, you’ve instantly provided the score for your own family vacation movie.
Gotta work while on vacation? Our office/workspace with large screen, high speed business class wifi, a lovely view of the hilled treed lot, and door that closes, provide the solitaire environment needed to work.
Play a few rounds of “kids vs parents,” or “ couple vs couple, outside on the cemented basketball court. Show the other team who’s boss on the volleyball net, or soccer in the grassy tree enclosed rear yard. Enjoy a game of chest with your favorite tiny opponent, or select a book from the library, before heading out to our lovely sun porch. There, you’ll experience a live concert headed by 7 species of birds, that live atop the surrounding trees. Or, take a walk along the brick paver, carefully lit pathway surrounding the zen like grounds of our peaceful retreat.
Rather traveling alone for business, planning a family vacation to explore the best that Pure Michigan has to offer, or catching up with friends from college, we’re sure we can accommodate.
Ask me about long term stay discounts, and special pricing for new home sellers, waiting to move into their recently purchased homes. Unfortunately “the fray” has impacted a lot of us Michiganders. Together we will get through it.
1. Guests and visitors should comply with the parking regulations and requirements and must show consideration to other vehicles in the neighborhood.
2. Equipment stored in garage is not a part of the rental experience and should not be operated.
3. Event premium must be paid in order to host an event. If you are found to have more than 6 guests without providing the event fee. A 100 dollar fee will be assessed for each guest, and the stay will be terminated without refund.
4. Music must be at reasonable level after 11 p.m.
5. No eating or drinking in bedrooms. Please enjoy your meal in the dining room.
6. Dispose of the garbage in the trash bin.
7. Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and any electronics when you leave the house. Don’t forget to close the windows and lock the door.
8. Report any damages and/or breakages in a reasonably timely manner. Damages must be paid by guests and will be reported to Airbnb.
9. We are not responsible or liable for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises.
10. Check out time is 11am. An 100 dollar fee will be assessed for late checkouts.
11. Driving or parking on the grass is not allowed. Is the occurs a minimum fee of 150 dollar fee will be assessed.
12. During your event people are not allowed to congregate in front of the house after 10pm. Is this occurs a 200 dollar fee will be assessed.
13. Garage door is only to be opened by wall mounted opener located inside garage on north wall. 14. Long term guests (<7 days) are not allowed to host events unless confirmed by host. Event fee must be paid if your event is approved. If you are found to have an event without permission and or fee your stay will be immediately terminated without refund.
15. Local guests will be subject to the event fee if booking for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday only.
We are not responsible for the loss or personal belongings or valuables during your stay. Please use common sense and be responsible when storing items in your vehicle lock all doors. 16. Please note: If the police are dispatched, and arrive for any reason, the stay is immediately terminated without refund.