Important: This destination may have COVID-19 travel restrictions in place, including specific restrictions for lodging. Check any national, local, and health advisories for this destination before you book.

Skip to main content.
All properties in London, England, United Kingdom
1 room, 2 adults

Troy

3-star3 stars
68-70 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England, W2 3SH, United Kingdom
  • Collect stampsYou can collect Hotels.com™ Rewards stamps here
8.0
Very Good199 All our reviews have come from real guests who have stayed at the property.verified guest
reviews

What guests say

• Close to public transport
  • Clean rooms
  • Rooms need regular maintenance
  • Hotel buildings could use some improvement

Narrow reviews:

199 verified guest reviews

Guest rating

10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct. 31, 2019
Clean, comfortable, friendly service at Troy
Very friendly and helpful front desk. Room was small, as expected, but clean, comfortable and very quiet. Just a block and a half from Queensway Tube Station and a 10/15min walk from Paddington. Opening window, safe, mini fridge, closet, desk, tv. Shower is a tight fit, but soap and shampoo provided. Self-serve breakfast included hard-boiled eggs, yoghurt, sliced cheese, toast, croissants, coffee, juice, etc. I would definitely stay again and recommend as a budget friendly choice in a very convenient, central location.
Savannah2 night family trip
Response by Saad
Dear Guest. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re traveling to our area gain soon, don’t hesitate to call us.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Sep. 30, 2019
Location was great for us. Close to two tube stations and Hyde park. The room was more spacious than we expected and the breakfast was very good. Staff were friendly and helpful as well.
1 night romance trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Nov. 2, 2018
Good location, small room, uncomfortable bed but generally ok
Ana1 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct. 6, 2017
Would recommend to family and friends
Excellent area, rooms were comfortable an very clean
Karen2 night romance trip
Verified Hotels.com guest review

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries

10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Feb. 14, 2020
Central and near Hyde Park
Clean, quiet and near to Venue. All I needed. Good, recommended.
Robert1 night trip
Response by Saad
Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jan. 26, 2020
Friendly staff and clean room, and convenient location. i’d love to stay again.
3 night trip
Response by Saad
Dear Happy Guest. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jan. 22, 2020
Great clean little hotel in West London
Great location close to Queensway tube station, very close to Notting Hill and Portobello Rd etc. Very good price. Room very clean just a little cold in winter even with the small heater. Breakfast was fine for the price, boiled eggs, canned fruit, coffee, juices, croissants, cereal, bread etc. Would stay again!
Stuart1 night trip
Response by Saad
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
4.0FairCheck-in Dec. 1, 2019
Great location. But that is about it. It has old nasty looking carpet. Terrible breakfast with staff looking angry to be working. I would not recommend it to a friend.
Response by Saad
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting new mattresses, bed skirts, window treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at [email] if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov. 16, 2019
Good location! Very centralized. Decent breakfast at this price point. Downside was the bathroom door in the room couldn't be shut (Probably the hinge). And Single bed is a tad small. Overall is good stay for budget concision travellers.
1 night family trip
Response by Saad
Dear Traveler. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec. 10, 2019
Hotel is clean with friendly staff. Close to two tube stations, shops, bars and restaurants.
1 night trip with friends
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec. 10, 2019
Great Location
Well worth the money. No thrills just exactly what we paid for. Three minutes from Queensway station perfect location for the West End of London. Good breakfast all in all a bargain.
Geoff1 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec. 6, 2019
The room itself was clean and comfortable, staff perfectly pleasant and polite but I was in a room on the 5th floor and the lift was broken all weekend. I had a large holdall with me which had to be carried up and down 5 flights of stairs. May be worth checking ahead if this would be a problem to you.
Steve2 night trip
Response by Saad
Dear Happy Guest. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating.we will definitely try to rid off you complaint in future.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov. 14, 2019
Small room, adequate breakfast but price and location excellent.
2 night romance trip
Response by Saad
Dear Guest. Thank you for giving us a good rating.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov. 3, 2019
Very good value. Excellent location near to cafes and restaurants and walking dstance to museums, Hyde Park and even centre of London (keen walkers). Helpful and friendly staff. Clean bedrooms but soundproofing could be better. Very adequate continental breakfast, with boiled eggs.
2 night romance trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Oct. 8, 2019
Good for.the price
Small hotel room as is the norm in the UK. Clean and comfortable, staff was helpful. In a great location, 2 blocks from the underground and shops and restaurants. 1 block from Hyde Park.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep. 12, 2019
A well managed, well maintained small hotel. My room was a good size with very comfortable bed and a modern bathroom, both kept perfectly clean. There's an in room safe and kettle with coffee, tea. Electronic door access and a lift. Continental breakfast was plentiful and never overly busy when I was using it. Location great (200 metres to tube and also a long street full of restaurants of all kinds). Just across the road is peaceful Kensington Gardens.
Stephen2 night trip
Response by Sami
Dear Guest, hank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Troy Hotel Management
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Aug. 11, 2019
Very clean, friendly and helpful staff. Good location for Site seeing and transportation.
5 night family trip
Response by Sami
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jun. 21, 2019
Ideally located as short walk from paddington. Rooms are clean and basic but have everything you need. Friendly staff who are happy to help. Late check out of 12 is great!
1 night trip with friends
8.0Very GoodCheck-in May 31, 2019
Location, close to restaurants and close to public transportation
8.0Very GoodCheck-in May 18, 2019
Cheap and cheerful
For the price we paid this hotel is perfectly adequate. Even though it’s a bit dated, it’s very clean and the staff are friendly. Breakfast is ok and quite basic - bread, hard boiled egg, cheese, cereals, yoghurts, fruit juice and coffee. If you want full English then better to eat out or pay a bit more for another hotel. I found it was fine for our needs. Overall great quiet location and I would return
1 night family trip
6.0GoodCheck-in May 7, 2019
Curtains were partly falling down on each side of the window. The pull cord for the fan could only be reached by standing on a chair because it had broken. The TV was not working
Jacqueline1 night trip with friends
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Apr. 12, 2019
The single room I had was perfectly adequate, clean and in good condition. The building is lovely. Staff friendly. Breakfast was basic as are all inclusive breakfasts deals in London Hotel. I would use this again if I could get the same room rate. I wanted to stop a second night but they only had double rooms and it was too muc.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 18, 2019
Experience in Troy London.
Counter staffs were very helpful. The space in our room is a bit tight. Environment is near Hyde Park, very nice. Also very near underground Queensway Station. A lot of daily needs can be found nearby.
YING YIP3 night romance trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar. 11, 2019
Great hotel
Fab hotel in perfect location with good breakfast at great price. What more could you want?
Susan4 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jan. 22, 2019
TROY IS A JOY
Troy is a Joy What a find, in a lovely area. HONESTLY, cannot believe negative reviews. Nothing whatsoever dated about dining room, included breakfast clearly states continental which includes lovely thick creamy yogurts, croissants, 3 types of cereal, cheddar cheese slices, boiled eggs, jams, plenty of filter coffee tea and hot chocolate all items topped up as running low not waiting as some places until the food runs out. Rooms really warm and comfortable with shower kept stocked with toiletries. Hotel between 2 bus stops to West End and Victoria Coach Station. Never gushed so much about a London hotel, that is so convenient and extremely good value for money. All staff especially Portuguese couple running breakfast service very helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay again
Mrs G P6 night romance trip
4.0FairCheck-in Jan. 16, 2019
Consider Staying Elsewhere
Knowing what I do now, I would not have booked a room at Troy Hotel. The hallways had a lingering odor, and the room was outdated/dirty. The wifi did not work for extended periods of time. The heating system was also terrible - we were pretty cold most nights. The toilet seat in the bathroom was loose. The shower door/curtain did not cover the entire shower opening, so water would spray onto the bathroom floor. One evening we returned to our hotel room to find a note stating our room was not cleaned/serviced due a shortage of staff. The one and only positive is the location, which is very close to the accessible Queensway Underground stop. There are also many restaurants and shops in the neighborhood.
5 night trip with friends
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov. 18, 2018
Cheap hotel in the centre of London. Nice staff and clean rooms.
Alex1 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov. 19, 2018
Repeat visit to good basic hotel. Have booked again for next week.
John1 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov. 17, 2018
Hyde Park hotel
Good location by hyde park. Room was Chan clean, quiet. Breakfast was ok but to be expected for price paid
John1 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct. 16, 2018
The hotel we prefer in London
A beautifully styled in Art Nouvo style, clean, comfortable, welcoming staff in good location, reasonable price. Next time in London - this will be our hotel.
Rivka6 night romance trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Oct. 24, 2018
Bargain and would stay again
Nice hotel with a fantastic location. Good breakfast and a very good nights sleep
John1 night romance trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct. 6, 2018
Quiet , included breakfast , very close Kensington palace
Bally1 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Aug. 15, 2018
Having never been to London we found this small hotel fitted us perfectly. We are not high rollers so it was perfect for us! We just walked a couple of blocks to find cool little resturants and of course Starbucks! :)
lucinda2 night romance trip
Response by Sami
Dear Lucinda, We are so glad you liked your stay with us. Your feed back is important to us. Please do use us for your future trip to London. Kind regards
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct. 1, 2018
Had a single room which was clean and comfortable with more room than some. Location is great and the continental breakfast was all good. Would definitely stay again
Yvette2 night trip
Response by Sami
Dear Yvette, We are so glad you liked your stay with us. Your feed back is important to us. Please do use us for your future trip to London. Kind regards
2.0PoorCheck-in Sep. 18, 2018
The only thing going for the hotel is the location....perfect location. The carpet was black, the bed felt like I was lying on concrete, the room was so small I had a 20cm gap to walk through between the bed and wall to get from the entrance to the suitcase/table. The breakfast was very average and the staff didn’t smile once, let alone be friendly. The staff argued in front of us whilst eating breakfast to put a dampener on the start of each day. I had no hangers to hang up clothes, despite asking for extras. The shower sprayed all over the bathroom and the bath was very high to the point that I struggled to even get in the shower....and I am not old!!! The towel ring was hanging off the wall, the air conditioner was noisy and I got the impression that no repairs/renovations are ever done to the property.
11 night trip
Response by Sami
Dear Guest, We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. Would you please contact us with your full name and stay details so I can investigate with the staff. Kind regards
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Sep. 27, 2018
Great for an overnight stay
A good choice for an overnight stay. Basic rooms and slightly dated in decor, but still satisfactory for a one night stay. Very cosmopolitan area, with great choices for eating out, plus two small well known supermarkets within 5 mins walking distance. Ideal for walking in Hyde Park
Peter1 night business trip
Response by Sami
Dear Peter, We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Sep. 11, 2018
Good budget hotel. Needs some maintenance in bathroom.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Aug. 11, 2018
Good place for London overnight
Diane1 night family trip
Response by Sami
Dear Diane : We're very glad you've liked your stay with us. Your opinion is very valuable to us. Please keep using us for your future visits to London.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jun. 7, 2018
Very nice little hotel. No air condition so not good for hot summer months. Close to the subway.
jean3 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jun. 14, 2018
Troy Hotel was in a wonderful location, just steps to Hyde Park and 2 blocks to the tube station. The room didn't have air conditioning and the shower is tiny. There was no plug in front of a mirror to dry/style hair. I suggest bringing a power strip for plugging in your electronics because I had to unplug my lamp to use that outlet to charge my phone and use the provided fan. Overhead fan did not work. Over all I am satisfied ymy stay and would choose to stay here again. After all we came to see London, not lounge in our room.
Suzanne6 night trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Jun. 13, 2018
The hotel OK for an overnight stay but the cleaning staff were extremely noisy form quit early in the morning.
6.0GoodCheck-in May 26, 2018
OK for a 1 night place to stay in London
Great location - easy access to tube Breakfast was a big disappointment though - Tea particularly vile!
Gary1 night romance trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in May 26, 2018
Just Personal Pickiness
The ceiling light and fan didn’t work (I tried the switch on the wall), and as London was particularly hot this weekend, it was uncomfortable. A smaller rotating fan was provided and helped a bit. Room was on the street side, but I didn’t hear a thing, even with window wide open. Bed was made oddly and creaked with movement, but if you’re a good sleeper, it’s no big deal. Shower was GREAT! And location is really excellent. I would definitely recommend.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in May 24, 2018
Nice cozy hotel.
Great location. Near one of London's most beautiful parks. Very agreeable staff. Very happy with choice.
Steve1 night trip
4.0FairCheck-in Apr. 19, 2018
No heat or AC. Breakfast inferior Maids talked loudly outside room.
Verified Travelocity guest review
6.0GoodCheck-in Apr. 8, 2018
Great location, you get what you pay for 😉
We stayed in a twin room, 402. One of the beds blocked the wardrobe, so we could only open the doors slightly and doors were very stiff. The shower was very small, smallest ever! The room smelt very musky, could've been the bedspreads, which we had to take off and put in the wardrobe. There a was a lot of dust on the lampshade and so we were scared to put the ceiling fan on in case the dust flew everyehere. The small moblie fan was broken. The room was very warm. To use the kettle we had to switch the fridge off to use the socket. Although the mattresses looked new, they smelt terribly of plastic, as they should have been aired long before use. The rest of the room and bathroom were very clean. Breakfast was basic continental breakfast which was sufficient. The location was great and close to Queensway tube station.
Ms rTrip with friends
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Mar. 4, 2018
excellent location
I was in a single room, which was a fair size for a single room in London. Layout was a bit odd - the shower cubicle open to the room - set in-between the toilet and wardrobe- but as a single room it should not compromise your modesty. Room was clean as was the linen - body gel and shampoo within the shower area in a dispenser and soap provided in the toilet. Very close to the main area of Queensway which has 2 tube stations and every amenity you could wish for. The only thing that could improve the overall look of the room (at very little cost) would be to ditch the old, old fashioned looking/ shabby looking bed cover, it was frayed and tatty. Breakfast was minimal but satisfactory if your expectations are not too high.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Feb. 23, 2018
Overnight stay
Hotel was very conveniently sited for our visit, right on Hyde park. Comfortable and clean room. Couple of old stains on bedding and net curtain, which looked old stains that were stubborn to remove, four make up marks on one of the hand towels, but not too big a problem,we just put it to be re-washed. Continental breakfast which was adequate. Free WiFi which wasn’t brilliant, but I’ve never yet stayed in a hotel with excellent WiFi anyway
JanFamily trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jan. 2, 2018
Nice Hotel, very close to public transportation
Clean hotel, in a nice and quiet neighborhood Close to Underground stations Queensway and Bayswater (3 Mins. walking distance), a travel of 4 Tube stations to the center (Oxford circus). Nice breakfast (Continental Buffet)... All in all - a pleasant place to stay
Asher3 night trip
4.0FairCheck-in Dec. 23, 2017
It was tidy but the bed was right next to the window and freezing cold. It was impossible to control the radiator in my room(not even sure they had raiator). Also the bed was very old and squeaking which makes me awake almost whole night. Location was good but I would rather spend more money and sleep in a good condition next time.
Verified Expedia guest review
Sorry, there are no traveler photos for this property.