Our travels were throughout Alberta and BC, and we stayed at places along the way.
The Chalet seemed to have decent reviews, but unfortunately not as of recently, and a lot of them I agree with.
Pros: Pet friendly, balcony off of room, easy check in.
- Not cleaned well, handprints and finger prints on all surfaces that show (windows, mirrors, microwave, fridge) and appeared they had built up over multiple guests. The garbage can had no bag, and the base of the garbage can was full of sticky residue, coffee grinds, etc. Bedside tables had crumbs on them, the covers were full of flecks of stuff we couldn't identify, making it seem like they weren't freshly cleaned at all. Balcony had at least a month's worth of cob webs and insect material built up on it.
- Was nice ice and water provided in lobby, although the general cleanliness of the outer part of the ice machine made it appear it had never been wiped down, so I didn't trust the ice within it either.
- Were given 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper for our 24 hours there, had to resort to tissue paper as there was no one at front desk or any we could see around to access.
- We relied on it having 1 queen bed, and a pull out bed. The pull out bed mattress was broken somehow? It would not stay in the frame and you immediately fell through onto the ground, no matter how we tried to fix it.
- Breaker box was left wide open, unsure why?
- Parking was quite tight, larger trucks almost blocked us right in.